The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Returning to site page which called the cart rather than to the home page when cart is empty?

When the cart is made empty (either by pressing an Empty the Cart button on the site through it's product detail pages or by setting the qty field in the cart to 0) a link shows up in the cart which says "Your shopping cart is empty. Click here to return to the store."

When clicked the user is returned to the home page of the site.

Is there an easy way to make that link return to the page which called the cart? Instead of to the home page?

I mean I can override the FoxyCart Javascript I think to force a return to whatever page I want but I am wondering if there is a way to do this without mucking around inside the FoxyCart Javascript and overriding it.

Thanks.

Carlos

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @carlos123,

Could you whisper me a link and the steps you're taking to replicate this? I just tested this on the FoxyCart example store, and the empty cart continue link is the same as the normal "cancel and continue shopping" link after adding products to the cart. That is a link to the last page that added products to the cart. No matter if I set the quantity to 0 to empty out the cart or use an empty=true link, the link provided is to the page I used to add the product.
    @carlos123,

I just followed the steps you detailed in the whisper, and the continue shopping link for the empty cart is to the page you linked to where I added the product to the cart. Could you perhaps try a different browser to see if it behaves differently for you?
  • Hmm...your input gave me an idea. i disabled all Chrome extensions I run with and the return URL was indeed to the page I called the cart from. Apparently my Javascript blocker (though I allow foxycart.com and the site to run Javascript) does not allow a redirection back to the site other than to the home page for some reason.

So...this was my own fault. Sorry about that Adam.

Though...this does point to certain extensions causing an unintentional problem.

Carlos
    @carlos123,

Interesting. I'm not sure why it would do that to be completely honest.