The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Way to easily prevent editing of product qty fields at checkout?

I don't think it's conducive to best conversions to allow potential customers to edit the qty fields at checkout. The less choices the better I think where the only focus of the checkout is confirming the order already decided on.

Is there an easy way to make the qty fields at checkout read only?

Bear in mind that the qty fields are part of the cart as I would want these fields to be editable on the cart when the cart appears as a full page but not editable when it appears in the sidebar of the checkout page.

I know I can go into the template code and muck around and override things with Javascript and/or change the underlying template code and whatever to accomplish this but I am wondering if there is some easier way to do this a la the FoxyCart way :).

Carlos
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @carlos123,

There is an easy way to do this in 2.0 - within the configuration page, under "Customize which checkout fields are shown and required", set "Editable cart" to "Disabled".
  • Perfect. Thanks!

Carlos