The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Coupon Discounts

brhaynes75brhaynes75 Member
in Help edited February 2009
I need to give a "Buy One of this specific product and get 5 free" Coupon. How is this accomplished?

Thanks in advance!
Brad
Comments
  • REVISION!!

So the client says no money needs to be taken off at all. They want to:

- set the discount to 0
    - they see the coupon code in the receipt
    - they send a 6th product to the purchaser

Is this possible?

Thanks!
    Brad
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Not currently possible unless you do some big time javascript hacking on your cart page to add the product dynamically based on the value in the json object and if the coupon exists are not.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Brad, could you clarify a little? I think I have a different interpretation than Luke does, and I think there might actually be a few ways to achieve what you're looking for.

Or I could be wrong.
  • I have a similar situation ( I think). I want to give a 10% discount on an item if a customer purchases 6 or more of that SPECIFIC item. I set up the discount in the category, but this seems to give 10% of an order of qty 6 or more even if the items are different (which I don't want). Is this possible?

Aaron.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Yes, use a product discount described here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/getting_started:adding_links_and_forms#discounts

Just pass it along to the cart along with the other values for that product.