The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

New Paypal Express Checkout Doesn't Offer Credit Card Without Sign-In

I spent a good while working with Paypal trying to figure out why the credit card options weren't showing up during checkout. As it turns out, the deprecated version does include this feature, but the new one does not. Is there something wrong with the new Express Checkout option?
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @crystalimagesinc.
    We'll take a look. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. In the past (with our old PayPal integration), this is ultimately a decision PayPal makes based on a few things. More info is here:
    https://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/paypal/express_checkout#allowing_non-paypal_users_to_pay_via_credit_card_through_paypal

Does that help clarify, or maybe not, since it seems to be working one way but not the other?
  • I get that it's based on a few Paypal parameters, which I controlled for by clearing cache and cookies while testing. The Paypal tech support suggested that it might be something misconfigured on FoxyCart's end, since the deprecated version shows the correct screen.
    @crystalimagesinc, thanks for the extra info. We'll take a look. Just to ensure we're testing things on our end in a way that'd make sense, are you testing the same product for both the new and the old? Could you whisper a URL for the product you're testing? I want to ensure we mirror your testing (and though product type probably shouldn't matter, I want make sure we know so we don't go testing the wrong thing).
    @crystalimagesinc, we've got a fix pending for this. Thanks so much for bringing it up! We'll notify you when it goes live.
    @crystalimagesinc, we pushed this fix out. Give it a go and let us know how it is.