Customer pickup sipping position

I need to move the customer pickup option down - I assume I need some custom snippet. However I thought I would offer the suggestion for you to not make that the first option as many customer just dont bother to check anything and go with first option. Since I dont have a builtin in way to not show pickup to everyone we are getting a few orders a day from remote locations that have local pickup selected. Would be nice for this to be either last, or at least after the free shipping option.
Comments
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @happycloud

Now, this might seem like a dirty workaround but bear with me. The difference in "Customer Pickup" and "Free Ground Shipping" is only their names, right? I mean, think about it. Both options will only be shown to customers that have a shipping country matching your store's country, as configured in your store's settings. Another key thing to note here is that the text displayed for both options is configurable.

To avoid using custom snippets why not input Free Ground Shipping for shipping customer pickup and Customer Pickup for shipping free ground shipping?
  • Oohhhh.... so wrong and so good. Thanks Ill try that and see if I have any issues.
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    You would just have to reference them differently for custom snippets, but that would just be it, I think.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @happycloud,

A second option that would make use of a snippet would be to use the live rates snippet to remove the customer pickup option if the address does not match what you'd use for pickup. If Jed's suggestion works, that would at least use native functionality and not rely on any snippets.