The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Way to make Last Name field appear below First Name field on checkout 2.0?

I would like to place the Last Name field below the First Name field on the checkout page so that all fields are in one column. I know the field in question has a class of fc-container__grid--input--last-name

And that I can add CSS of clear: left; and margin-left: 163px; to that class to achieve this but I don't believe this is quite in line with how FoxyCart has styled it's responsive form. I have not yet tested this CSS in a reduced width device or emulator but it probably breaks the responsive look of the form.

Can someone please advise me as to how best to achieve this within the methodology that FoxyCart uses to achieve a responsive checkout form?

I am having a heck of a time following the existing FoxyCart CSS as there are many different classes and ID's that affect this field with just a single CSS property in them such that it's a real pain to try and wiggle out just the CSS classes and ID's that might be relevant to my desired change.

Thanks.

Carlos
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @carlos123,

If this is related to your other thread - did you end up getting this sorted? Looking at the link you whispered to me, you've got it displaying below the first name.
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. My apologies for not updating this thread to let you know that I no longer needed input on this. When I penned the original post on this thread I needed help as I was still sticking with the default checkout layout and styling. Since then however I have completely scrapped the default layout (at least in appearance) and have made other changes such that I no longer needed help on how to do this.

Carlos