We just upgraded and now the items people put in their cart have this:
# Persistent Id Emv6KxtNC1ugXM: 08F2A810AA10:1194625896
# Revisit Emv6KxtNC1ugXM: 1
# Session Emv6KxtNC1ugXM: 0921F9783A5A
# SiteStamp:
as options.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hey sheeley. That's no good. Where's it happening? (Whisper if you don't want the URL public.) I'm checking your "main" site and I don't see it happening.
  • All I did was go to our site, add any random product, and click on the cart or checkout. Maybe it's related to the whole logged-in/tabbed browsing issue you mentioned in your e-mail?
  • ...and for some reason I can't update the cart or click the X to remove the item.
    Oh weird... now I'm seeing those extra variables...
    Ok, I think we might have an issue. I'd suggest reverting back for the time being while we figure out what's gong on. Very odd.
  • Reverted! Thanks for taking a look.
    OH, ok, I think I got it:
    We've revamped the way the cart page functions slightly, specifically where the javascript is inserted. It inserts after the closing title tag.

You don't have a title tag, so the javascript isn't being loaded at all, hence the inability to update the cart. Add a title tag to your cart page and see if that fixes the issue(s).
  • That helps with removing the object, but those variables are still showing up.
    Added a note about this on the wiki: http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:upgrading:0.3.0
    We considered putting an error check in there but figured, "Nah, everybody has a title tag." We were wrong ;) Sorry about that.

As far as the extra product/session variables go, I think it's your clicktracks analytics... It's definitely not generated by FC, and it's not in your HTML, so I'm pretty sure it's Clicktracks adding variables to your forms to track sessions cross-domain (which is actually pretty cool; Google Analytics code to do this is obtrusive and messes up the thickbox).

Problem is that FC is set to ignore values where the names are prefixed with x: or __ (double underscores, like Google does it). Otherwise it's "greedy" (in the regex sense of the word), and it'll take _everything_ as a product option. Clicktracks doesn't look like they have a prefix to their additions.

Also odd is that it doesn't seem to happen every time. At least not for me on FF 2.0 on OS X. Is it consistent for you?
  • It happened for two of us each time we added products in both IE7 and FF2.0 on XP. I pretty much immediately reverted so I don't have much other data on it. We've had clicktracks on this whole time, did something in v3 change that would make these vars show up?
    And it doesn't (ever) happen with 0.2.9? The basic logic with form values being added to the cart hasn't changed. But if it errors with 0.3.0 and not with 0.2.9 then clearly we did something.

I've contacted ClickTracks to see if we can get a demo account set up so we can test it ourselves. We'll see if they get back to me.

Confirm with me that the version difference is the only problem and we'll go from there. Sorry for the issue.
  • The only change on our end was the upgrade from 0.2.9 to 0.3.0. Unless ClickTracks changed something on their end at the same time, it seems to be the only change. We also are really interested in upgrading to 0.3.0 as some international customers have been having problems and 0.3.0 fixes the address verification, no?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We'll fix this with a new "Excluded Product Options" field in the store settings... stay tuned.
    Actually this one's getting a different fix... should be patched in 030 and 031 but will also be fixed in 032, which will be here very soon.