Shipping information and coupons

Hey Guys,

We've noticed over the last few weeks that if someone has filled in all their information and then adds a coupon that while the numbers are being updated (price/shipping) people are able to submit their order and we do not receive the "shipping text". We are using live rates and receive the correct shipping amount, but instead of "Fedex 2 Day" in the admin tool/datafeed we see generic "Shipping and Handling" for the admin tool and receive nothing in the datafeed.

Please let me know if you need anymore information.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @geoff_pm,

Could you please whisper us your store domain and we'll take a closer look.
    @geoff_pm - thanks for whispering that. We'll take a look and get back to you as soon as we can.
  • Hey Guys,

Just wanted to see if you were able to replicate on your side
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @geoff_pm. Sorry for the delay. @fc_adam was out and it looks like the rest of us missed the hand off on this. We'll take a look.
    @geoff_pm,

I'm very sorry for the delay - as brett mentioned I've been out for a few days.

We've been trying to replicate this issue, and haven't had any luck as yet. I wanted to check in with you and see if you'd been able to replicate it happening on your side at all? If so - could you detail what steps you followed?

Also, as an aside - looking at your template, in Chrome at least, I'm unable to scroll vertically on your page. From what I can tell it's because of an overflow:hidden style on the body element. Removing that style allows me to scroll. If customers are running into this issue too, it would be preventing them from being able to complete the checkout.
  • geoff_pmgeoff_pm Member
    edited July 2015
    Hey Guys,

I can replicate it by doing the following steps using the default template:
    1) Fill in shipping information and select a shipping type.
    2) Add coupon to the purchase
    3) Complete purchase in cart
    4) Notice a blank for shipping text in the datafeed/generic "Shipping and Handling" in the transaction panel of the administration tool.

The error is not how its being displayed in the cart, it's whats being passed to us through the datafeed/transaction feed.

Here are two people who paid for shipping and what we received in the transaction tab of the administration tool.

or link http://www.picturemosaics.com/error.png

or link http://www.picturemosaics.com/noerror.png

Both wanted overnight shipping one just used a coupon after selecting their shipping type.
    @geoff_pm,

Thanks so much for clarifying. We can see that now and are able to replicate the issue. We'll look into correcting this issue as quickly as we can.
  • Hey Guys,

Just checking to see how this turned out
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @geoff_pm

Sorry for the delay regarding this, but there is currently still no ETA on the fix. We're still having an internal discussion on how to resolve this issue. Someone will notify you the moment a fix for this has been released. Thanks for your patience.
  • Thanks for the reply
  • Wanted to update this thread since I believe someone else is having the same issue as was discussed in here.
    @geoff_pm

Who is the other user encountering this issue? I've pinged the team regarding this, we'll let you know if there would be developments regarding this. We apologize for the delay, as we've dealt with a little crisis last week in terms of our migration. Though totally unconnected, all hands were on deck for that one, so we're sorry for that.
  • Shipping method not showing up in transaction data by JBurns
    @geoff_pm

Thanks for that. We'll make sure to notify both of you once a resolution is available.
  • Geoff, thanks for noting that my issue is a similar.

Just to make it a little more complicated, I looked at the transactions for my site that have this issue. There are 5 transactions (the first on July 29). Of the five transactions, only 2 used a coupon code, 3 did not. So I don't think it's tied solely to the use of coupons.
    @JBurns, @geoff_pm,

We're making progress on our side and think we've found the root cause of this issue. We're working now to fix it, but need to do some thorough testing to ensure that we don't also cause follow-on issues from this change. We'll update again once we have a solution in place.
  • I am using amazon for fulfillment. I currently only want to take orders within US. Because I am charged a flat rate from Amazon I want to configure my shipping based on quantities ordered, e.g. 6.95 for 1, 10.95 for 2, and then free for 3 or more. Any advice on configuring for that?
    edited August 2015
    Hi @adamkookysues,

Since this issue is not connected to the current thread, I'm creating a new one for you so we could discuss the resolution there. Thanks.

EDIT: The new thread can be found here: https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/9713/shipping-based-on-quantities-ordered
    @geoff_pm @JBurns (I notified you on your own thread as well)

A fix for your issue has been deployed. Sorry for the delay regarding this, we greatly appreciate your patience. Test it out and let us know if you run into additional concerns.
  • Hey,

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a test here in a bit.