Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Unexpected result with test datafeed

Using the suggested examples mentioned on the Transaction XML Datafeeds wiki page, I loaded the example parsing code (amended with my store api key) and the XML test post script (with parsing code url and key edited) onto my server. I made no other changes to the script, wanting to prove it would work properly and return the expected "foxy" before I started plugging in my custom code. Unfortunately, the result I got has stopped me cold, and I don't know where to go from here. Instead of receiving the hoped for "foxy", I am instead seeing fed back a complete copy of the sample parsing code.

I also found this to happen when I had the store direct the datafeed to the same parsing code and manually ran a transaction through the cart.

Have I misunderstood how this was supposed to work? Thanks for some insight...
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @tjaskolka,

When you say you're seeing the complete copy of the parsing code - do you mean the raw PHP code that makes up the file? If that's the case, it sounds like the server you're running isn't configured to run PHP, so it's just treating it like a text file and outputting the contents. You'll need to ensure that your server is able to run PHP files.
  • tjaskolkatjaskolka Member
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, it just sends back a copy of the php file. I can run other php files from the same site, so the server knows how to handle php.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Does the file start with <?php on the first line? I'm not seeing that within the outputted code, so perhaps that is missing?
  • Duh, knew it was something obvious. That is exactly what it needed, thanks! :)