Google Analytics broke on Aug 3rd

Hi,

No work has been done on our site since 7/31/15 but Google analytics stopped registering ecommerce transactions on 8/3/15.

Also, this morning 8/7/15, three transactions did not come through to populate in our Wordpress instance even though other orders are showing up.

Could either of these be related to FC testing/ attempted upgrades this week?

Thanks,
Karen
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @kmadler,

Sorry to hear you're running into issues. Could you confirm a few things for me please?

1) What store is this for? (feel free to whisper if it's private)

2) You mentioned that the orders did not populate in your wordpress instance - could you clarify what you're referring to there?

3) Could you also confirm the transaction ID's for the missing orders.

Based on your dates, I don't think the analytics issue is related to our migration issues on the 6th - but the second issue may indeed be related. Once you send through this info we'll be happy to take a look.
  • Hi Adam,

I realized the GA option never got turned on in FC when we went live with v2.0.

So that part is solved. Let me know if you think the transactions that didn't populate WP could be FC-related.

Thanks,
    Karen
    @kmadler,

Great to hear you found the solution for the GA issue. Transactions not feeding into your Wordpress installation would be a separate concern to that.

Looking at your store's admin, in particular the error log, it's showing that some transactions are failing to successfully be fed through the XML Datafeed. Most of those seem to be showing your endpoint returning a HTTP response code of 500 - which is the (un)helpful response of:

"A generic error message, given when an unexpected condition was encountered and no more specific message is suitable."

Other transactions are correctly and successfully feeding through to your endpoint though - so it's possibly an intermittent issue with your server perhaps. You can attempt to re-feed the existing transactions that haven't successfully done so yet by finding them in your store's transaction log (they're shown with the striped red backing), expand them and click "Re-feed it now".
  • Hey Adam,

Thanks for the information. I never knew that's what the red background meant and I see it all the time which means we consistently have transactions that don't make it through.

Do you know if it's possible to narrow down whether the connection issue lies with the FoxyCart servers versus our web server?

How would I go about investigating this in more depth?

Thanks!
    Karen
    @kmadler,

The 500 error we're receiving is a response from your server, so to investigate more there you'll need to check your server's error logs for the same timeframe that these errors appear in your FoxyCart store's error log.
  • Okay, thanks Adam.