The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Retaining Payment Gateway Credentials

We use two payment gateways for CC payments - Durango and Braintree, switching between them every so often.
When we switch them in the Foxycart admin, it doesn't retain the credentials. Is it possible to have these retained so we can switch without having to enter the merchant ID, password, and so on every time?

Robert
Comments
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @xcorlett

Unfortunately, there's currently no easy way to retain the credentials. I consulted this with the team, and the reason for that is that this request hasn't really come up before, and that switching gateways isn't very common in production.

However, you can enter that as a request here: http://requests.foxycart.com/
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @xcorlett, out of curiosity, why do you switch? We have some super top secret functionality planned and I'd love to understand your use case.
  • Our business is considered high risk, so we maintain several merchant accounts and switch them up every few days to ensure that we are sending a decent amount to each processor. If we could do that via a single gateway, then we could switch the accounts via the gateway admin, but we don't have that luxury as we deal with several gateways.

Thanks for checking into the possibility!
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @xcorlett

SagePay is what we usually recommend for high risk merchants. I've included the link in case you're willing to consider switching to just one gateway.