The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Missing Transactions in Google Analytics.

siavashsiavash Member
in Help edited August 2015
I noticed some of my transactions are missing in GA. So I checked my transaction report in Foxycart admin, and I noticed those same transactions are missing the fcpm and ga fields. Any idea what is going on? Thanks
I'm using version 2.0
The website is www.sereneaudio.com
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @siavash, do you happen to see a specific date when things started going missing?
  • I started having them after I upgraded to v2.0
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @siavash,

Sorry for the delay. We've taken a look at these transactions, and we don't see anything wrong with them that would prevent them being tracked. From what we can see two things may have happened.

1) The customer clicked the add to cart before our javascript had a chance to run - and it's the javascript that tracks the users GA session between your website and the FoxyCart checkout.
    2) The user was making use of a plugin for their browser that blocks GA from functioning. This could be anything from an over-reaching ad blocker to one specifically blocking analytics software. Without GA being initialised, our javascript for GA wouldn't run either.

While there isn't anything we can do about the second possibility, we're working on improvements to how our javascript loads which will help with the first possibility.
  • siavashsiavash Member
    edited August 2015
    Do these also explain why fcpm is missing?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @siavash, I'll let @fc_adam chime in, but I think #2 would explain it, yes. If it never gets set (because it's blocked by a browser extension), it wouldn't show up anywhere. We had another ticket recently where nothing (Mixpanel, Google Analytics, other ad tracker data) at all showed up.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @siavash,

Yes - if the ga parameter is not set, then neither will the fcpm parameter.