The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

feature request simplified coupons

hi there.
I realize the foxycart isn't intended to be a simple no-experience cart like ecwid, shopify, etc, but it would be a really nice feature if there was a way to at least make adding coupons "bonehead simple". I don't mind taking the time to configure the cart, love the tailoring that foxy allows, etc, but if someone is a frequent coupon-offerer, it does suck to have to go back into the coding, and do it all manually. I look at foxy as a sort of set-and-forget cart, meaning, more work at the beginning, but once you put in that work, it's good to go for a while. I don't have enough code knowledge to know if this is a viable thing, or simple from the foxy dev end, but it'd be really nice if possible.
Even better yet, is it already possible and I'm just missing something?
thank you!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @purpleontime,

You can create coupons from within the administration - but depending on the type of discount you're wanting to offer, creating the discount string can be a little confronting at first.

We'd be happy to answer any questions you had.