The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Problems with shipping logic in the cart hanging

We've implemented shipping conditions before into our client's cart to show shipping (after they enter their zip code) which have worked fine. But on a new project, we built out some logic and implemented it in the cart but the cart now simply hangs for a long period of time before returning a result. It's really hit or miss. Sometimes it works within a reasonable time frame and sometimes the cart takes minutes to return a result (if at all).

I'm not sure if the issue is on our end or on the server's end.

Here's the code:

https://gist.github.com/smashstack-aeros/1805ee89364be176e0b9

Is there anything that stands out that's problematic with this code?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777,

Could you whisper me the store this is for and an add to cart we can try replicating with? Also, are you able to replicate it reliably? If you can - let us know how we can duplicate that as well.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777,

Thanks for whispering that. I've run some tests but it's continually loading quickly for me without any delays for the shipping rates. Are you still experiencing it? If so - maybe try temporarily removing the javascript on your page apart from loader.js and see if the delay still persists.