How do I update my customers password on my server with data feed.

I'm using a SSO. How can I update my customers passwords on my server when they are changed in foxycart? I need to be able to keep the passwords in sync. Is that part of the datafeed? is there a webhook or something that can let us know when a password is changed?
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jrwhip,

Good question. The datafeed would indeed be what you're after there. Whenever a customer completes a checkout - whether it's a purchase or an updateinfo checkout type, the datafeed is triggered. We generally recommend syncing the password whenever you receive a datafeed - to ensure it's always up to date with what the customer used on our checkout.
  • What is it posted as? FoxyData? Customer password changes don't show up in my transaction log. Are they logged anywhere else on the admin site? Do password changes have transaction numbers?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jrwhip,

We don't have a specific "change password" action for FoxyCart - customers either change their password when completing a purchase or some other checkout process such as updateinfo. Whenever a customer completes the checkout, that will trigger the XML datafeed to send the transaction information. As part of the XML payload will be the normal FoxyData node as detailed on http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/xml_datafeed - and that will contain the customers password details if they have an account.