The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Am I missing something - coupon don't work!

brandtasticbrandtastic Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited August 2009
I have wasted about 2 hours now trying to figure out why my coupon code does
not show up. It says that I have already entered it if I try again, but it does nothing
to the price when I hit update. My client Uprintlabels chose this shopping cart and I am wondering if it works. If the coupon discount only shows up after entering card information that is a major disconnect, people will abandon the cart before knowing if there really was a discount.
Help.

Frank
Comments
  • my coupon won't register?
    See recent post - re: UPrintLabels.com
    We are waiting to put up our new homepage that features a coupon
    that won't work.

Frank
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Frank.

Have you checked the coupon you're actually using? I see a "10% off your first order", and the "coupon details" says "10% off complete order". If you click the "?" to the right of that field you'll se that that field is where you actually enter what the coupon is doing. So if you want 10% off, you'd do something like "0-10", which would signify "any order with a price over $0, take 10% off."

Make sense? Our coupon engine can't parse "plain English" coupon math like "10% off complete order". Needs to have it in the format listed on the wiki and in the inline help.

If that's not enough to get you going, please let us know. We're here to help.
  • tookingstookings Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Frank! I'm sure brett or luke will be along shortly...but I may be able to help, with a few details.

What is the coupon code for uprintlabels.com, and what is it supposed to do? What are the "coupon details" you are using, from the admin interface?

EDIT: So fast, they already posted. :)
  • Brett, where can we vote for the coupon natural language parser feature? :P
  • We are not fussy, they can use the coupon on every order. Bottom line - 10% off any purchase is the reality.
    We are marketing it as "off first order" only.
    @brandtastic: Sorry, I may have missed something. You're right about the ability to use the code regardless of the visit, but did you see my comment above about the solution to the problem, and why it's not actually doing anything right now?

If I've missed something please let me know.
  • Brett, I am a bit new at all this - what you said was what we needed.
    It is working the way we expect.

Thank you
    @brandtastic
    Glad you got it sorted out.