The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Admin email on sale

swguyswguy Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited July 2008
I bypassed this when I was setting up the cart because it was a bit confusing but now I can't find it at all. Can you tell me where to find it and a link to a help page on setting it up?

Thanks,
Scott
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    There are admin email options in Store Settings, Categories, and the Email (under Templates) pages. Let me know if that's what you're looking for or not.
  • swguyswguy Member
    I have "bcc store email address" in templates/email checked but I don't seem to get the email.
    Usually when we get reports of this it's because it's truly a BCC. If you're using a test address that's the same (or goes to the same place) as your store admin address, it's pretty much indistinguishable. (And some mail providers delete duplicates in some cases, so you may only be seeing one copy in your inbox.)

Try using a different customer email address and see if you get two copies then.
  • swguyswguy Member
    Yep. That was it.
    I wonder if it wouldn't be better to send the admin one separately with content identifying it as admin so that this wouldn't be a problem. Easier for testing, etc.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Yeap, that's already on our (long) list of "todos". We never liked the "bcc" idea but at the time it was a quick fix to let store owners see exactly what their customer's see.
  • I need 3 other people to receive the order email. If I give them to you, can you place them for me?

I ask because I thought it would be easy to have comma-separated email addies in the Store settings.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We've found the best way to manage this is to set your order email to a mailing list or distribution list. That way you have full control of you gets the emails and you can change them anytime you want without even having to login to the FoxyCart admin.

Please let us know if that works for you.
  • Luke,

That would work. How do I set up an emailing list?

Peter
    edited July 2008
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration
    Check out MailChimp or Campaign Monitor. Those are the two we recommend.

EDIT: Nm, that's answering a different question.
    http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=252&page=1#Item_5
    Is this what we're talking about?