The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Australian store requests

PhilPhil Member
in Help edited September 2007
Hi guys; first and foremost congratulations on a brilliant product!

I'm in the process of setting up an online payment facility for the National Press Club of Australia and FoxyCart is assuredly in the box-seat as the site is powered by MODx and distributes marketing material via Mail Build (Campaign Monitor).

My only drama is configuring the payment gateway as here in Aus. both PayPal's Website Payments Pro AND ModernAuthorize are unavailable :(

Any suggestions/support in getting this sorted would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Phil. Thanks for the compliments!
    We've been discussing Australian solutions for a little bit, since we really love Campaign Monitor, and they're Australian, so ... yeah, we love Australians.

For the immediate future, the offline processing option is a possibility (where you can process cards manually with a virtual terminal).

That said, we'd love to know what payment (and shipping) gateways you'd like to see support for. Is there something like ModernAuthorize down under? If you have a suggestion we'd love to hear it. We've checked Google, but haven't got a consensus on what's actually popular with Australian web designers.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Woo Hoo!!! Put another shrimp on the barbie!

(sorry)

As Brett stated, we're really excited about providing services to the Australian web development market. We've been wanting to build a relationship with Campaign Monitor for some time now, but we've been waiting until we could actually support Australian customers as far as shipping rate calculators and payment gateways.

Thanks for your interest, Phil. I look forward to your reply.
  • Haha no shrimps down these parts - they're called PRAWNS mate =P

Offline processing is an option I suppose (lot of leg-work for the poor admin. staff though), so an Australian gateway is what I'm really after. Shipping is quite simple as its pretty much Australia Post or a fleet of carrier-pigeons...

The leading payment gateways in Australia are NetRegistry and (*cough*) e-WAY. Hopefully there are some other Australians that see this discussion and can add some more + personal experience with each.

If there is anything I can do to speed up the process of getting an Australian gateway off the ground, please let me know.

Fingers crossed this discussion doesn't die in the bum, as I really need to get things moving quite quickly on this.

Once again great product, fantastic support and hopefully something can be sorted out soon as I think you guys are onto a winner and I WANT IN! =P

Thanks guys,

Phil
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks Phil!

Brett already put me over the coals for that one... But I just couldn't resist. Prawns it is then. :)

I just downloaded e-Way's php sample code... I'll take a look and see what's there. Good news is, it looks like we can use the test id "87654321" instead of having to actually setup our own account. Looks promising. I assume by your *cough* you'd prefer NetRegistry... unfortunately they are a little lacking in documentation. All I can find is a form to fill out for a sales inquiry. Am I missing something?

As for the Australian Post... I clicked on their rate calculator link and got this message:
    "Firefox can't connect securely to www.edeliver.com.au because the site uses an older, insecure version of the SSL protocol."
    Not a good sign. Luckily IE's security sucks and it loaded the page just fine with a warning message. I applied for their "further information" so we'll see what they got. We have a lot customers waiting for a lot of things, I but I wanted to let you know we will definitely look into this. We may not get it up and running right away, but it will get there eventually.
    edited September 2007
    Fingers crossed this discussion doesn't die in the bum, as I really need to get things moving quite quickly on this.
    I had to Google the "die in the bum" thing (which means "to fail completely", for all the non-Australians in the forum), but that sentence is still pretty funny ;)
  • PhilPhil Member
    edited September 2007
    <blockquote><p>I had to Google the "die in the bum" thing (which means "to fail completely", for all the non-Australians in the forum), but that sentence is still pretty funny ;)</p></blockquote>

lol my bad - I'll try and make future posts more coherent for the international community.

Thanks for the reply to Luke, very much appreciated.

If Australia Post is giving you the run around, don't get too fussed as most of the purchases will be corporate ticket sales or downloadables which won't require any product mailing. In other words if you have more important things to worry about (which I'm quite sure you do) I really don't want to tie up much of your time.

As for the gateway I'm not overly concerned which one is used. If eWAY does the job then I'm all for it - basically I'm after whatever is easiest for you blokes. Had a dig around NetRegistry and you're quite right as they have very little documentation.

Please let me know if you'd like a hand with anything as I'd be more than happy to help out in any way.
  • PhilPhil Member
    edited September 2007
    Hey guys,

Just wondering how things are progressing on the Australian store front?

I've run a few of my clientele through Foxy's paces and they are all very keen to see this come online in the near future. Kudos to a job well done Foxy-team!

Look forward to hearing from you soon.
    eWAY just integrated with v0.2.9.

That's a good start, yes? Let us know how it works for you blokes ;)