The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Jquery conflict with Cart

UPUP Member
in Help edited December 2011
Hi,

I'm struggling to resolve a conflict between FoxyCart's cart jquery and that of my social media plugins.

I've uploaded a page to demonstrate the issue. If you add a helmet to the cart, you'll see that the cart opens full page, rather than in a 'lightbox' http://formotorbikes.com/nexx-xr1r-pearlescent-white.html

If I remove the jquery for Twitter, the cart works, but Twitter feed doesn't.

Any ideas how to make both work?

Many thanks for any help offered!

Cheers

Matt
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Matt.

I think if you re-copy/paste the "sample code" from your admin and replace what you currently have in the BEGIN/END FOXYCART FILES that will get you what you want. Or at least it'll get you closer.

There's an issue with specific versions of Colorbox and jQuery, and our own foxycart.complete.js as well. If you use only what we provide, or if you use the latest versions, you'll be fine. So you can still use jQuery 1.7.1 with the latest FoxyCart js, but you can't use the latest jQuery with the older foxycart.complete.js or Colorbox.

Does that help? If updating doesn't fix it, let us know. But I'm pretty sure that's the issue.
  • UPUP Member
    You nailed it, thanks muchos.

Once again, the support here at FC beats anything else I've received, hands down.

Cheers
    Matt
  • UPUP Member
    Hi again Brett

I've just noticed that my checkout doesn't show the item in the cart, the field is completely missing. I have two stores and have only just noticed this when comparing the two. I have some shipping mods in the checkout template, could that be the issue?

Many thanks for your help.

All the best
    Matt
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Hey Matt,

Have you included the
    ^^cart^^

placeholder in the checkout template?
  • UPUP Member
    Urm, no!

What a dooshbag.

Thanks very much!!