The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Categories and admin email

kscotbarrkscotbarr Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2008
For our store, most of our products are not categorized. I've set up the default category to send an admin email when an order is placed.

My question is this: for other products that I've put into a category, if I don't specify that an admin email be sent, will it default to the default category setting to send an admin email? Or does each category need to be setup up to send an admin email separately?

Right now I've set up the admin email for each category. Will this send two emails if it's a mixed order (has some products from one category and some from another or not categorized)? Or will the cart/checkout be combined for both categories?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    If you're just looking for a receipt to be BCC'd to the admin, that's on the "email" menu item under Templates. The category specific emails are more for situations where certain categories (like events, perhaps) would need to be send to a different email address (like the event organizer).

If you have 2 categories with admin emails on each, and an order comes through with products in both categories, you'll get 2 admin copies sent.

Make sense?
  • OK, I understand. Thanks.