The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Setting payment card config via JS not working?

MindSculptMindSculpt Member
in Help edited February 2012
I'm using the following code from the wiki to configure the payment cards:
<script type="text/javascript">
	  FC.checkout.config.validPaymentCards = ["discover","mastercard","visa"];
</script>

...however after placing it before the closing </head> tag in the checkout template field of my foxycart admin, the card images in checkout do not update. There are no errors, and no other JS being included in the cart template on my end. Thoughts?
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    You can update the cards that are displayed on the Languages section of your FoxyCart admin.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hello MindSculpt. Can you link us to your add to cart process so we can take a look for ourselves? You are using version 072, correct?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Ah, yes. Sparkweb has it correctly. The validPaymentCards is for displaying errors to the customer as needed, but the language string defines what is shown on the checkout. I'll update our wiki to make that more obvious.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    I didn't know about the validPaymentCards string. That is super-helpful to know. I'm sticking that in the back of my mind for future usage.
  • Thanks, @luke and @sparkweb. I'd have never even opened up that Language section. Maybe change the link to "Cart Label Options" :)

Does leaving a language field blank remove it completely from displaying during the checkout process?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Not currently, no, but that is something we've been thinking about implementing as a stop gap until we get full template set support.
  • @luke Yeah, especially for things like email receipts - the customer doesn't need to know the name of the gateway or any information associated with it. Just the order details :)