The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Stripe Support

Just wondering if you have plans to support stripe?

Thanks,

Daniel.
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    FoxyCart supports Stripe in version 0.7.2

http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/stripe
  • Perfect! Thanks.
  • Do all the details of the customer including card info get saved on Stripe's end? That might be a bit of a silly question, sorry if that's the case.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Here are the details we send to Stripe:
    	'amount'
    			'currency'
    			'card' => array(
    				'number' 
    				'exp_month' 
    				'exp_year' 
    				'name' 
    				'address_line1' 
    				'address_line2' 
    				'address_zip' 
    				'address_state' 
    				'address_country' 
    			),
    			'description' (we put the email here)
    		)

• Hmm. It seems like all the required information is sent over but I wonder if one logs into their stripe account if that user data is saved there. Appreciate it Luke, I'm hoping someone using Stripe can chime in.
  • Hey, I'm just learning a detail as i get started with Stripe: there's the most common, default behavior for integrating is to just create a charge. But what I'm needing is to create a customer object that is attached to that charge, yielding a customer ID that I can go back to later for future charges.

Is the FoxyCart integration capable of sending a 'create customer object' kind of request to Stripe, too?
    I was looking at this too. I don't think it is by default, but I wonder if FoxyCart could adjust their integration so that Stripe could use FoxyCart's authorization feature to do exactly that.

Whaddya guys think?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We'll take a look, though that would be a unique feature only this gateway has. Could there be a situation where a create customer would create a duplicate customer? Would we have to somehow check if a customer exists, prior to creating a new one? Is there any downside to adding this feature that could mess up how someone manages their Stripe transactions? Would we need to make this a feature that can be turned on or off?
    This looks pretty straight-forward: https://stripe.com/docs/tutorials/charges

If "authorize" is checked on for Stripe, you'd just create the customer and pass back "Stripe Customer ID: xxxxxxxxx" for the resource response. Then Patrick could grab that information later and charge as he wants to. I don't see any issues with creating multiple customers since you are just going to use the card number once anyway.