The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Problems trying to activate subscription

cowtancowtan Member
in Help edited May 2012
Hi - We've just completed development of an e-commerce site and as one of the last steps, we're trying to activate the Foxycart subscription. When my client enters his credit card details to do this, he's getting the response "Error: Your payment was declined for the following reason: This transaction has been declined. (Response Reason Code: 4)". He's tried it and I've tried it using his card details with the same result.

Looking up the error message, the authorize.net site (http://www.authorize.net/support/merchant/Transaction_Response/Response_Reason_Codes_and_Response_Reason_Text.htm) gives the following as its explanation - "The code returned from the processor indicating that the card used needs to be picked up" but I'm not at all sure I know what this means. Does this mean that the card can only be used if the cardholder is present or does it mean something else?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

cheers,
Gordon
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Hi Gordon,

We'll dig into that and see if we can turn up any more information on what that might be - in the mean time, does your client have a second card he could pay with?
  • cowtancowtan Member
    Hi Adam - Thanks. No, I'm afraid he doesn't have another card. If the worst comes to the worst, I could use my card and then charge it onto him but only as a short-term measure.

cheers,
    Gordon
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hello Gordon. Has your client contacted his card-issuing bank? That error (I think) means the card needs to be "picked up" meaning it's been compromised or for some other reason it's not to be used by the card holder any longer.
  • cowtancowtan Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi Luke - Thanks. He has been in touch with his bank who have told him that there are no issues with his card. He also tells me he's made other on-line purchases recently with it without any problems.

[edit - Meant to add, my first thought was that it was a problem with his card as well but, as I said he's already been in touch with the bank.]
    @cowtan,

Thanks for the additional information. That's a weird one. The error your client is seeing is what is being returned by the payment gateway, not something we're creating ourselves. We'll look into it a bit more and see if anything turns up.
  • cowtancowtan Member
    Thanks for your help guys but you can now put this one down as 'solved'. Despite assuring my client that there were no issues with the card, it would seem that the bank had put a 'picked up' status on the card after all.

<sigh> Sorry for bothering you with this.

cheers,
    Gordon
    Hey Gordon,

No worries - glad it got sorted in the end! Sometimes those errors can be tricky to track down.