The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Domestic and International Delivery Options

AdamWintleAdamWintle Member
in Help edited June 2012
Hello everyone,

I've been through the wiki and found many forum threads but its been hard finding something which answers what I'm trying to solve.

My client would like to have four delivery options at checkout:
  • UK standard delivery 2-3 days: £2.50
  • UK Special next day delivery (order have to be place before 2pm) £6.90
  • European Union delivery 2-5 days : £8.50
  • Wordwide delivery 7-10 days : £9.50

Ideally I'd like it so the checkout automatically choses the UK delivery option if their address is in the UK, and the same for if their address is within the EU or it selects the worldwide delivery option for the rest of the world.

I've looked through this page of Shipping Snippets: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/start#shipping_snippets but I'm not sure which method would be best used for this senario.

any help or tips would be appreciated :)
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Hey Adam,

I'd suggest using the Multiple Flat Rate Shipping approach, and checking against the country code that the user has selected. One thing to note is that another user discovered a small bug with that approach recently that I'm still looking into for a solid fix, so if you do use that approach, let me know before you launch as the bug can cause issues that prevent users from checking out.