The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

PayPal commercial offer in Italy still differs from other countries?

Hello everybody;

I am a web designer/developer in Italy; I have been studying the FoxyCart platform and I am thinking of using it as the definitive e-commerce development tool.

My only unsolved problem remains online payment. As I understand, there is no way to integrate country-specific payment gateways associated to banks. The only solution happens to be using web payment services like PayPal. I've been looking on the italian PayPal website for the Payments Pro option, but there is nothing like that. There is instead a "Pro" option which does not offer in-site transaction possibility. This feature seems to be offered in a "Pagamento Express" package (Express Checkout?!).

I am very confused, have you already encountered this problem?

Thanks.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @DavideValdo

You might want to take a look at Braintree. We don't currently support them it's in the plans, and they have EU support. Might that work?

Also, I've spent a bit of time over the past few weeks talking to a user in Spain and they seem to have the same PayPal options. Oddly, the comparable "Express" product in Spain _does_ seem to correlate to the US "Express" option.
  • Braintree seems like a very good choice, how long will it take before it's supported? For an incoming project I think I will be able to settle for the "actual" PayPal Express Checkout with redirection, which seems to be supported on your system.
  • I called the Italian PayPal call center and it seems like there's no commercial offer in Italy to perform in-site payments with PayPal.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    DavideValdo, what's your timeline on the incoming project?
  • The customer hasn't even signed the contract yet, I'm doing reaserch for a paradigm shift in how we design ecommerce. I would say everything will be starting and will have to be finished in two months from now (worst case: one month for the customer to make up his mind, one month for development), but maybe more.