The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Paypal is using shipping address, not billing address

intandemintandem Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited November 2012
I have a shop using a payment gateway as well as Paypal. However, if the order has a shipping address that differs from the billing address, it pulls the shipping address into the PayPal screen as billing address. I know that if the user then clicks on "have a Paypal account" and logs in with their PP credentials, they will end up with the correct details, but it could be very confusing initially.

How can I fix this?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @intandem,

Just to confirm, if someone goes to your cart, and then to your checkout, inputs a billing and a separate shipping address, and then proceeds to pay via PayPal - the shipping address is put into PayPal as the billing address rather than the billing address entered on the checkout. But once the person clicks to login to PayPal, and enters their details - the correct billing and shipping address is shown in the form.

Is that right?
  • Yes, that's correct. I suppose anybody who is clicking on the Paypal option in the checkout is unlikely not to have a PP account already and therefore would always continue on to the PP login. However it does look very confusing when you land on the PP page initially and see the shipping address there.
  • intandemintandem Member
    edited November 2012