The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Shipping Rate Incorrectly Calculated (Sometimes) - JavaScript Blocked?

rainleaderrainleader Member
in Help edited December 2012
I have the following custom shipping logic setup in the store at http://lavajavamaui.com:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
FC.checkout.config.customShipping = {
  onLoad: true,  // Set to false if you don't want shipping calculated when the checkout loads
  onLocationChange: true // Set to true if your shipping logic relies on updating whenever the shipping location for the order changes
};

function calculateShipping() {
  var shippingCost = 0;

/* BEGIN CUSTOM SHIPPING LOGIC */
shippingCost = 12;

var coffeeProducts = 0;
for (var p in fc_json.products) {
	if (fc_json.products[p].category == "coffee") {
		coffeeProducts += fc_json.products[p].quantity;

}
}

if (coffeeProducts > 0) {
	if (coffeeProducts == 1) {
		shippingCost = 5 ; // $5 for one coffee product
	} else if (coffeeProducts < 6) {
		shippingCost = 11; // $11 for less than 6 coffee products
	} else { // free for more than 6 coffee products
		shippingCost = 0; // Free shipping because they bought so much
	}
}

if (fc_json.hasOwnProperty('coupons')) {
        shippingCost = 11;
}

The shipping should be:

1 bag of coffee= $5.00
2-5 bags of coffee = $11
6+ bags of coffee= FREE

For some reason, there is an occasional user who purchases a few bags of coffee and gets FREE shipping. Can't figure out why. Is it possible that blocking Javascript would cause this?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @rainleader,

If javascript was blocked, the customer more than likely wouldn't be able to check out at all - as our checkout heavily relies on javascript.

Could you whisper me the transaction id's for the transactions that didn't have shipping that should have?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @rainleader,

I think this might come down to a 'console.log' function call in your custom shipping code - which if present some browsers will break at that point - which is right before the shippingCost is actually applied - which means shipping cost will stay at 0.

Try removing that line, it looks like this:
    console.log(country_code);

and let me know if any other orders come in where the total shipping is 0 when it shouldn't be.
  • Thanks! Removed it and will keep you updated.