The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

TimThumb and FoxyCart

in Help edited March 2013
We're having issues getting images to show up correctly. They load, but the sizing being set by TimThumb is not being kept for some reason on the FoxyCart side of things. TimThumb uses a query string with ? and & to tell it how to size the image. It works fine on my end on the website, but not with FoxyCart in the cart (it's squishing images and skewing them, since it's not getting all the values sent over).

I've tried changing the & to & and also urlencode() of the full URL before passing to FoxyCart, but I'm striking out. Any ideas?

I'll whisper an example immediately after a support staff member replies. Thanks for your help!
Comments
  • Any thoughts on this? FoxyCart is screwing around with the URLs that we're passing to it for the images in our "buy now" links. Any way to tell FoxyCart to leave them alone?

I've tried what I can think of to properly encode the URLs, so I'm running out of options on this one. Thanks for your help!
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Hi @bdcadvertising - I had @fc_josh send me the whispered link and I think you are right - there must be a 250 character limit. The thing is, though, it looks like that link is malformed anyway. There's an extra url on the front of it which, when removed seems like it would work fine. I'll whisper a working url.
  • The thing is, I don't know that my code is what's outputting that. I'll whisper the code.
  • That link example I posted earlier were taken using the copy url feature in Chrome, which were what FoxyCart was outputting via the colorbox. So it wasn't mine...it was what FoxyCart was returning to my page as "items in the cart", and the image URL FoxyCart was sending back to my popup.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    My guess is that FoxyCart adds the first url as a security thing -- to make sure that the files are actually stored on the domain configured in your FoxyCart admin. Try setting that domain to the testing domain and see if that helps.
  • We have it technically working right now, but somehow FoxyCart is still changing the URLs to the degree that they're getting chopped at the tops/bottoms of images, but the packaging is good enough to see what's happening. Those thumbnails in the checkout view are smaller anyways, so nobody may be able to see them regardless.

We may have to focus on improving this in a phase two, but right now we're trying to get the store up and live to the public and on a deadline.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @bdcadvertising,

Could you clarify what you mean by 'chopped at the top/bottoms' please? We don't perform any image cropping for the thumbnail images - we just set a default width in the CSS.