The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

jQuery Conflict?

atmospherixatmospherix Member
in Help edited December 2012
I had to recreate a template for a website. The old had some back-end that I do not want to rehash.

The new template functions perfectly but the Cart does not. You can view that page here:
http://www.highlandbees.com/queen-bees.html

I left the old template in place. You can view that here. The Cart works on this page.
http://www.highlandbees.com/bee-packages.html

Why does it work there but not on the new template? I feel like I'm missing some detail that will make the foxy cart lightbox function as it should!

Signed,

Fried, burned out and reduced to ashes
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @atmospherix,

If you simply add back in the jQuery included in the FoxyCart code included on the template, and remove the jQuery already included on your page, everything should start working just fine.
  • That doesn't work. The first link works for some reason, but all the other Bootstrap functionality does not.

That's why I had to customize a new Bootstrap template from scratch. Everything works on the site but not the Cart lightbox... colorbox I guess it's called now.

Please check the 2nd link again and please help me troubleshoot this. It's been extremely frustrating to find that maybe the FC functionality works at the expense of all my hard work.
  • Ignore this. I'm just going to quit being a dilettante purist and create a new footer for the 2 FC pages.
    @atmospherix,

The other thing that might be happening is the jQuery version required by bootstrap was higher than what FoxyCart uses - if that was the case you could try upping the jQuery version in the FoxyCart includes.
  • cmccmc Member
    I've create a boostrap based theme and have the same problem.

How do I upgrade the Foxycart jQuery version?

The call that bootstrap uses is:
    <script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery.js"></script>;

There is no mention of what version it is.
    @cmc,

If you open up that link in your browser, you'll see the version at the top of the file - 1.9.1

You can change the version of jQuery in the FoxyCart includes by changing the value string in the URL in that line of code.
  • cmccmc Member
    Hmm, this might be complicated by the fact that i'm using the Foxyshop wordpress plugin
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    You should be using WordPress's enqueue method for jQuery instead of inserting it directly into your header. That way any plugins that you use will just use the queued method and not try to put their own version of jQuery in there. You can disable FoxyShop's jQuery include, though, from the settings page if you need to.