Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

caching checkout template on local dev (not real-world accessible)

jurassicfrogjurassicfrog Member
in Help edited October 2013
Hey guys, I'm trying to implement some custom shipping logic and I *think* that it's not working because the template won't cache (404). I'm developing locally with xampp so it's not reachable from the outside world yet. Is there a way to cache the checkout template in this case?

Thanks!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jurassicfrog,

Unfortunately no - for FoxyCart to cache your template it needs to be accessible online.
  • Shoot... So, the template would have to be cached to implement custom logic? I could have sworn I've read some threads with people implementing shipping mods on local dev boxes.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jurassicfrog,

You can just copy and paste the custom logic into the template manually yourself - you'd just paste it into the template on the relevant template page in your stores FoxyCart administration.

For production sites though, we definitely recommend caching it correctly.
  • Sweet. Thanks!