I have just started converting things to support HMAC validation. I have enabled on the store domain too.
Few things I wanted to know :
1) Any link that explains type of errors/warnings foxycart returns in case of incorrect data passed to it.
2) Do my custom options need to be HMAC coded before I add items to cart?
3) I have gone through this article https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/1.1/hmac_validation
I have a case , where I am using a custom option known as "productid"
that has the value the HMAC option "code"
So i pass, "code"
in HMAC way, and productid in plain format to cart, and I get the error as
<strong>Cart Validation Error</strong>: 1:productid_hash_present
Is it because the value is shared between "code"
4) Do we need require HMAC validated query string even when we are updating or delete a record? Just because, we only change the quantity.
5) I am concerned about all the above things, because I am sending async request for all above requests, using Custom Cart , so I manipulate foxycart json response to fit into my data structure. And HMAC is making my life a bit complex now o_o.
Actual link :