Quick survey: Responsive templates and your thoughts on working with our current templates

2»
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @wokka,

I'm sorry to say unfortunately not. I provided some additional comments on your other post over here.
  • wokkawokka Member
    Ok, no problems and thanks for the feedback.
  • stkstk Member
    edited May 2014
    Thought I'd weigh in. We've only just begun using FC, but out of the gate we'd fall into the #2 category. (I wrapped your standard template into my client's website template - basically a header and footer and shoved the checkout template into what's normally the "content" section).

I can personally congratulate you on the styling of the standard checkout. It is nicely designed and I can see where many clients would be happy in the #1 position.

We might migrate to the #3 spot, but I'd need to see what happens to all that work when upgrades are made (would hate to have to re-work all the fancy integration stuff @ each upgrade). And of course, we have lots of products and pages to add before we'd even consider that kind of work. (i.e. - show me the money!) :p

I do not use a framework. All the templates / pages are all hand-coded to XHTML V1.0 strict and CSS3 standards (currently) and - as we are just getting started with ecommerce - have not optimized for mobile (yet). It's on the to-do list.

I might do some light styling of the standard cart by changing the colour scheme, background and logo to better match, but that's really about it, for now anyway. (Our goal is to get up and functional ASAP ... what work we do after that, and it's priority, has yet to be determined).

Having a responsive template would be a huge benefit, I think, as it would immediately service your clients in the #1 and #2 spots (I say this, mind you, before having made our own template mobile-friendly, so take it with a grain of salt).

@stk,

Thanks for your comments!
  • You guys did a great job with the responsive cart ... although I had my own version, this makes life a lot quicker

Also loving the new backend in terms of configuration options, once again make the whole tedious issue around setting up the store a lot easier.

Well done
    @Johnny4B,

Thanks!
  • Personally,

I would love to see a super simple colour picker implemented that allows the user to pick the primary and maybe two or three secondary colours.

When I'm doing smaller ecommerce solutions for new clients I tend not to mess with the foxyshop template because I simply don't have the budget to do so, however making it feel like its part of the website atleast with minimal work would be lovely!
    @BamSockPow,

We do have colour pickers currently as a configuration setting for 2.0 based stores - but they currently only have a limited effect. We'll be expanding what they apply to in a future update.
  • Yeah sorry I saw that recently :P