The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

FoxyCart 2.0 is Out of Beta!

fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
in Important News edited August 2014
We are excited to announce that FoxyCart 2.0 is stable and ready for production! We've worked through our backlog of bugs, solidified the features, and polished up our default templates. 2.0 is now available for you to upgrade to and all new stores will default to 2.0. Please respond to this thread with questions and feedback.

- Official Announcement
- Changelogs
Comments
  • neilcreaghneilcreagh Member
    edited August 2014
    Looks great, thanks! I need to use a custom shipping snippet (I think), any idea when that info page will be ready for 2.0? Or any other suggestions for setting different rates based on the destination and total weight of cart? (Based in Ireland not US)
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @neilcreagh,

We're just finalising a small change to allow for the flat rates snippet - the live rates snippet is available though: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets
  • Congratulations on the release
    I look forward to learning and deploying it
  • Hi guys,
    Just wondering if any of the Live Shipping options will work from Ireland? If so I might explore using UPS and then altering the results using the live rates snippet. But I'm getting errors with UPS selected (every service option ticked; categories with default weights) and I still get "This store has not been setup correctly to calculate shipping...".

If Live rates aren't possible for an Irish based account then have you any idea when the Flat Rates modification snippet code might be ready for 2.0? I'm looking for something exactly like the flat_rates_by_country_and_product_category snippet

Thanks, the new cart looks great.
    @neilcreagh,

We don't place any restrictions on the live rates, so it is really dependant if any of them do provide service to Ireland or not. It's possible that they don't - but I can't speak for certain on that.

I hope to have the flat rates snippet available this week - we just have a small change we need to make before we can release it. I'll update this thread when it is live. Sorry for the delay there.
  • Still looking for where to add terms and condition to the checkout
    @Everettc4,

I actually replied to your other thread over here yesterday, not sure if you caught that. If you're using our new 2.0 version, there is a template config variable you can enable from the template config admin section for your store, which will add in the terms and condition checkbox for you automatically.
  • I apologize if this is available somewhere and I'm not seeing it, but are there live demos of the new foxycart to see how the shopping cart is different from what's currently used?

I also use a few different code snippets...any eta on when most of these will be updated for 2.0?

I'm interested in upgrading but I don't really have an interest in spending 2+ hours in re-configuring stuff that might break and jeopardize orders and create angry e-mails from people who never had a problem with what I'm already using.

Thank you guys for your hardwork and dedication!

Jonathan
    @JonathanBechtel,

We have our current example add to carts running on 2.0 - you can see those here: fhttp://www.foxycart.com/features/examples

I'm getting very close to putting up the flat rates and dynamic locations modification snippets - hopefully today. Are you looking for a specific snippet other than those?
    Quick update - the flat rate modification snippet is available on the wiki at ​ https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets/flat_rate_shipping_modification. This is new code, so make sure you test this thoroughly.
  • Thanks!
  • Hello, unfortunately I haven't updated to 2.0 yet with my clients sites. When I do and if something isn't working correctly would I be able to revert back to the older version? Thank you!
    @davidzupec,

Yes, you'll be able to downgrade back to the version you are on now. We'd recommend creating a test store for your existing store though and making sure everything works there before upgrading your live store. That way you're not going into anything blind - you can ensure everything works on the test store first.
  • Hey Adam, great advice but I'm not sure how I go about creating a test store for my already existing store? Thank you!
    @davidzupec,

We unfortunately don't have a way to duplicate a store, but you could certainly create a brand new store on 2.0 and use that to set up like you have your existing store set up and see what changes need to be made to get it working on the new version.
  • Great idea, thanks Adam!
  • Digging the 2.0 - The layout and all the new features.

You guys are making me look like a hero!

Many thanks!
    @Pasquale,

Thanks! Glad your liking the new awesomesauce we added with 2.0 :)