The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Google Analytics Ecommerce Tracking and Version 2.0

ryanrryanr Member
in Help edited September 2014
I noticed that it said Google Analaytics tracking for version 2.0 remains to be documented.

I setup Google Analytics properly for store version 1.1. Does that mean that all sales on version 2.0 won't be tracked?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ryanr,

Currently the 1.1 integration won't work with 2.0, but we're very close to having the GA notes updated for 2.0. We'll be integrating it as part of the template config options so it will be included in the templates automatically for you.

Sorry for the delay in getting that updated
  • How close are you now , please ?
    @Philippe,

Thanks for checking in on this - I'm currently running through testing to ensure it's all translated across to 2.0 correctly. I'll update this thread again once we've added it in.
  • @fc_adam,

Have you done any testing with Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery to make sure the checkout doesn't fail when one of the aforementioned extensions blocks GA? I think with the 1.1 integration there originally was an issue related to this that was resolved. Thanks.
    @cheesypoof - oh thanks for reminding me! I'll ensure that the 2.0 logic does work if GA is blocked.
  • Just wanted to give this thread a bump - I definitely would like to have have eCommerce tracking enabled prior to migrating my clients to 2.0
  • I'd like to bump this (GA tracking documentation for 2.0) as well so I can see what I'm going to dive into if and when we upgrade. Thanks!
    @chubbard216 and @rwillson,

Thanks for bumping the thread. We have a working integration with Universal Analytics in 2.0 - we're currently running it through some testing to make sure it's all working as it should. It's a complex thing to test, so unfortunately we don't have an ETA for going live, but we're making great progress.
  • @fc_adam,

Thanks for the update - I know you guys have a lot of your plate with the new release.

Will you be posting in here when there is something available to test? Where's the best place for me to keep an eye out?
    @chubbard216,

I'll update here as soon as we have something that you can activate. We're hoping that will come very soon.
  • Thanks Adam!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    You may need to check with @fc_adam to confirm, but I think this is now live and documented here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/analytics You can configure it via the "Configure your third-party analytics" option in the template configuration page in the admin.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

cc @jclemen14, @chubbard216, @rwillson, @cheesypoof, @Philippe, @ryanr
    Yes! We're very sorry for the delay all - Google Analytics can be quite a complex feature and many different aspects to test.

Hopefully the documentation will cover anything - but if you run into any troubles, just let us know.
  • Got GA up and running on my FC 2.0 site. All is working fine except for the referrals.

In the ecommerce source/medium report, I've got a number of referrals from the sites which handle the extra password protection on the payments - e.g. secure5.arcot.com, securesuite.co.uk, secure.barclaycard.co.uk.

Should these be added in to the Referral Exclusion List? There's a note "TODO: Add URLs to include" in the documentation - do you have a list of these yet? Or should I just add them as they start appearing?
    @sebduggan,

Oh sorry - it appears that some recent changes were blown away in a recent upgrade to our wiki. You can see the content in an older revision as linked here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/analytics?rev=1414241839

If you're getting a page overwriting your page referrals though - and it shouldn't be, simply adding it as a referral exclusion URL will solve that.