The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Choosing a payment gateway for US and International sales

I've seen other posts related to this subject, but my question varies a little.

I've been using Securenet as my payment gateway. It performs AVS verification on US transactions successfully, but fails AVS verification on Canadian transactions, and doesn't even use AVS verification in Australia (these transactions succeed but are possibly fraudulent).

This isn't very convenient. I'm looking for a payment gateway that can "do it all" - it can verify transactions in all, or at least most, countries.

Does anyone have suggestions for payment gateways, or other solutions to this problem?
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @mikey555, can you reach out to SecureNet about this? I can't speak for them, but I believe they're rolling out some improvements to their AVS relatively soon.

That said, international AVS isn't a very common feature amongst gateways, so the selection would be limited. Are you selling enough internationally to want to need multi-currency? That's something we're working towards (currently only available in our Enterprise plan, but coming as soon as we can to Advanced and Standard plans).
  • Thanks. I don't think we need multi-currency right now but it would be nice in the future.

How is verification typically done on international transactions?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @mikey555, I'm not actually sure. The last time I looked into AVS, international AVS for merchants wasn't really a thing. I know it is now (Cybersource is at least one gateway that supports it), but I'm not sure how reliable it is. When we've attempted to use AVS ourselves in the past, we saw way too many false negatives for it to make sense, but that's just our experience.