The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Foxycart css file causing performance issue on page?

khtims75khtims75 Member
in Help edited December 2014
Hello, I am using foxycart on a client website I am creating. I first coded the website with no cart involved for client approval. Then I created the site with foxycart as the cart system. I love foxycart but on my products page it is causing performance issues. When I hover over my images then it is not smooth at all like it's supposed to be. The images are "jerky" when hovering on them. When I go to my developer console I can delete the css code line and then the images perform nicely again. I know I need the css file to style the sidebar cart but how do I get the rest of my page to operate well with also? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have the two versions of this site on a test server for your review to see the issue.

Foxycart site: http://test.agencybuild.com/action-mount-wp/products/
Non Foxycart site: http://test.agencybuild.com/action-mount/store/
Foxycart store domain: action-mount.foxycart.com

As you can see both of these are the same page with almost identical code. I am trying to get this site live as soon as possible. I appreciate your help. Thanks!
Tagged:
Comments
  • I must add that I have also tried adding:

add_action('init', 'my_foxyshop_dequeue', 11);
    function my_foxyshop_dequeue() { wp_dequeue_style('foxyshop_css'); }

to my functions.php file as well as turning the cart to full page instead of sidebar. That resolves that issue but it will not keep my visitors on my site like the sidebar cart does. Can I revert back to an older version of foxycart where the cart was just a popup box?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited December 2014
    @khtims75,

This seems to relate to one specific CSS style - and while I'm not 100% sure why it's triggering what it is, adding the following to your own CSS should correct it:
    [data-fc-sidecart], [data-fc-sidecart] #fc-cart, [data-fc-sidecart] .fc-sidecart-only-fixed, [data-fc-with-sidecart], [data-fc-store-page], [data-fc-ui-block] {
    -webkit-backface-visibility: visible !important;
    backface-visibility: visible !important;
    }

I've created a ticket on our side to look into if that style is still needed, and if it is, how we can prevent it from causing this issue in the future.
  • That code does appear to fix the issue. Thank you.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @khtims75,

A quick update to let you know that we've rolled out a change to production which fixes the root issue here. You can remove the custom code we suggested to you if you like - but leaving it present also won't cause any issues either.