A few V 2.0 Receipt Formatting Comments

I've been running v2.0 for a week or so now. I'm very happy and customers don't seem to have had any issues. I thought I'd pass on a few comments / questions on the formatting for the receipt.

1) In the "billing information" on both the e-mail and printed receipt, if there is an "&" in the information it comes out as the HTML code "&" (that is Jones & Co. shows as Jones & Co.). This only happens in the billing address, the shipping address is fine.

2) When you print out the receipt from Chrome (v. 41.0.2272.118 m) if there is a coupon discount the minus sign ("-") for the coupon amount sits on the line above the amount. Doesn't happen in IE11 or Firefox. The on-screen receipt is fine. Not sure if this is just a weird chrome thing, but changing margins doesn't seem to help.

3) In the on-screen receipt, the cart items have columns going across: Item, Price, Quantity, Total. But on the print-out the headings go away and the Total, Price and Quantity go vertical to the right of the item description. Would be nice if the printed receipt kept the same structure with the columns showing Item, Price, Quantity, Total.

4) Merchant Name: Would be great if there was an easy way to modify this easily so it has the company name and address, not just the store name? Maybe in the "Configuration" menu.

5) Processor Response: Would be great if this was an option in the "Configuration" menu to eliminate this. It's just not really relevant to the customer.

Nothing major, but some things to consider as you do updates.

james
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited April 2015
    Hi @JBurns. Could you whisper me a URL to a receipt where you're seeing these (#1-3)? It sounds like you're on the default template, but I just want to make sure I'm seeing exactly what you're seeing. Thanks!

#4: Yes, definitely. We've got a ticket to be able to add arbitrary text.

#5: This has come up before, but it looks like we've never ticketed it. Thanks for bringing it up.
  • Brett,

Here's a receipt on my test site (no big issue if it's public) that shows items 1, 2 and 3: https://designmod20test.foxycart.com/receipt?id=8315e3b6acb9e607ea29317f5560336fe85df2b54a8049a42b9c7697691e3e1a

Item 1 is on IE11, Chrome and Firefox.

Item 2 is on Chrome only.

Item 3 is on Chrome and IE11. It actually keeps the columns and headings format on Firefox.

James
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @JBurns,

Thanks for the additional information. I've created some tickets on our side to handle the points you've raised as we're able to.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited April 2015
    Hey @JBurns. We fixed 1) above related to html entities. We have issues created for the other items you mentioned as well.