The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Migrating from PayPal to PayPal Express

In my payments (FC 2.0) for account gonegreen I see that I have paypal (deprecated) in use. I tried to turn it off and use the non deprecated one but it warns that I have subscriptions that all need canceling. That clearly is not going to happen so how do I switch? It's the same account so why can't I keep the existing subscriptions?
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @happycloud.

We're currently working on a way to allow a migration there. The key difference between the two different PayPal Express Checkout methods is in how they handle subscriptions. The old method sets the subscription up at the PayPal side, so PayPal handles all aspects of it. The new method gets you/us a Reference Transaction, which we can then bill however we'd like. (So it's more like us storing and billing a credit card with a normal payment gateway.)

As you've discovered, you can't turn off the old if you've got active subscriptions. That's what we're working on, but we don't yet have a timeframe on when that'll be allowed. We'll update this thread when it happens though.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @happycloud, I'm sorry for the delay in getting a solution live for this - but I wanted to quickly update you that we've just rolled out a change to the checkout. We now only show the newer PayPal integration if both are enabled for your store. The older integration will still need to remain enabled if it has subscriptions active within your store, but it won't be available on the cart/checkout anymore - just the newer one if it is also enabled.