The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Incorrect order status in datafeed.

The FoxyCart PayPal integration does not seem to be self-consistent about how it uses transaction status in the datafeed. In two transactions this morning, the datafeed gave us a value of <status><![CDATA[]]></status> (indicating -- erroneously -- that the transaction was successful). Both were later rejected in subsequent datafeeds with <status><![CDATA[rejected]]></status>. (The transactions were 804249782 and 804276642)

Please fix this. We rely upon the datafeed to pick and ship orders. If there needs to be a change made so that a "blank" status code is not equivalent to "approved" then so be it. However, the present situation is either buggy or broken, and should be fixed.

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited August 2015
    @oskay,

Thanks for sending that in - I'll discuss this with our gateway team and get back to you as soon as we can.

One clarification - you mentioned PayPal in your post, but did you mean Amazon? Both of the transactions you mentioned were Amazon based transactions.
  • I did not mean Amazon-- if it had I would have attached this to the previous issue of this sort ( https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/comment/53223/ ).

While the transaction report for both orders does show Amazon, our datafeeds -- all four of them -- say that these were paypal transactions: <payment_gateway_type><![CDATA[paypal]]></payment_gateway_type> -- and so I though that this was a paypal issue, independent of the similar Amazon issue. However, it certainly does now appear to be the same issue.

Obviously, something is pretty mucked up here.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited August 2015
    @oskay,

Something is definitely awry - and we're continuing to look into it. For both of these transactions, the customers attempted to checkout with PayPal before switching to Amazon. One customer was declined with PayPal with an error message of "This transaction couldn't be completed. Please redirect your customer to PayPal". This error generally as I understand it relates to the customers payment card failing in some way in PayPal. The other customer started to checkout with PayPal, but then switched to Amazon. They received an error from Amazon for an invalid payment method during that attempt.

It looks like something got mismatched when the customers made the switch from PayPal to Amazon after the error - we'll update you as we find more information.