Google Analytics Showing /receipt as Landing Page

in Help edited October 2015
When viewing conversions in Google Analytics, I'm not able to see where my customers had originated from. When people leave to pay and return to the receipt page, all that is being recorded is their landing on the /receipt page. I'm trying to track how successful my campaigns are, and it's a bit difficult to do when all the transactions show up as "direct" traffic, with the first entrance being the receipt.

I went through all the steps listed for setting up Google Analytics in Foxycart. I use Google Tag Manager instead of inserting the code in each page, but I don't think that would make a difference.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @crystalimagesinc,
    I went through all the steps listed for setting up Google Analytics in Foxycart. I use Google Tag Manager instead of inserting the code in each page, but I don't think that would make a difference.
    Actually that would be the issue you're running into here. There is currently an incompatibility between our analytics integration and how Google Tag Manager inserts the analytics tracking code. If you change to including Google Analytics directly instead of by the tag manager, it should start working for you.

We have a ticket for fixing that, but unfortunately haven't had a chance to implement yet.
  • Do you have an ETA for this fix? I don't want to have to break out the code from the Tag Manager for 500+ pages if the integration is right around the corner :)
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @crystalimagesinc,

Unfortunately we don't have an ETA for the fix there. We're hoping for sooner rather than later, as we know there are a number of stores who are looking to make use of it though.

Do you have a way of way of editing a site-wide template for your site?
  • I can make changes across the site, yeah, I'm just a lazy busy guy :)