The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Possible to checkout without credit card in Foxycart 2.0?

We've got a site we're building where clients will have the option to purchase the products and be invoiced for a future payment (i.e. by check). As such, we're trying to determine if their product information can be passed to the checkout page and submit their order without entering any type of payment info (i.e. credit card, payment, etc.)? Not sure if there's some type of hack/work around on that.
Comments
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777

Interesting question. You can use Purchase Orders for that purpose: https://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/purchase_orders

That would allow customers to checkout without credit card or other mandatory payment method. Instead they will be presented an open input where they can write the check number, invoice number or whatever is decided between your clients and their customers as the Purchase Order # to be entered.

Does that help?
  • @fc_jed

Thanks for the followup.
    Instead they will be presented an open input where they can write the check number, invoice number or whatever is decided between your clients and their customers as the Purchase Order # to be entered.
    I like that approach. We might just use CSS + JS to prepopulate that field and hide it so that the transaction will push through.

This does help and we'll play around with it and let you know if we have any more questions.
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777

That's actually what I was going to suggest in a follow-up reply, as it's what I've done for a user in the past. Good to know we're on the same page regarding that. Let us know if you have any additional questions regarding this.
  • Is it possible to set things up so that subscriptions can be paid either with a purchase order or credit card? I have both options set up in my checkout but if a customer chooses the PO option, their next order won't process because the system expects a credit card payment for all subscriptions.

I'm in Foxycart v 1.1.

Now I'm inputting orders manually every week or two so those customers don't get rude emails from me saying their payment failed when the truth is they pay COD or mail me a cheque. I'd love to be able to automate those orders.

I think we've talked about this before and it wasn't possible but am hoping things have changed. If it'll work in FC 2.0 that would be worth upgrading for. Thanks!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Sparky,

Just to clarify - when a customer completes a purchase of a subscription using a purchase order as the payment method - that works fine, but when it comes time for renewal, it fails to process successfully and errors like an invalid credit card. Is that right?

If so - that was a known issue in 1.1, but unfortunately as it was a substantial change to fix, we weren't able to roll a fix into that version. Instead it was added to our 2.0 release - so it should indeed work there.