how enable 3D Secure on FC v2?

Hi, what are the options for 3D Secure / Verified by Visa for a foxycart version 2 site running in the UK?

Did I miss documentation or other forum discussions about this?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @patrickpitman,

Sorry for the confusion. If 3D Secure is supported for your particular gateway within our integration to it, there will be an option within the gateway settings of your FoxyCart administration to enable it there.

If you're not seeing that - which gateway are you wanting to add 3D Secure to?
  • Hi, thanks.

It's Paypoint.net in the UK.

I did check settings and I do see that it's Disabled, but there are options:

Enabled
    Enabled, Maestro only
    Enabled, enrollment required
    Enabled, Maestro only, enrollment required.

Can you elaborate on those alternatives?

I'm inclined to just choose Enabled, but not clear what that implies?

Maestro only means use 3D Secure *only* if checking out with Maestro, or *only* allow Maestro payment method?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @patrickpitman,

Good question, the breakdown would be as follows:

* Enabled - 3D Secure is enabled for all card types, but optional for the customer
    * Enabled, Maestro only - Same as above, but only applies to Maestro card based checkouts.
    * enrollment required - The two options are the same as above but the customer is required to use 3D Secure in the checkout.

Looking at our integration for PayPoint - I don't believe the "required" options are treated any differently, so there may be a setting on the gateway side if you want to set it as required or not.

I hope that helps!