Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

place holders not working in translated Receipt Email Subject

fileeefileee Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited February 2016
It appears that the place holders for the email subject are not working in the custom translated fields for other languages

e.g.
"DE": {
'custom_subject': '{{ store_name }} Bestellbestätigung {{ order_id }}',
will result in this nice email subject inside outlook: "{{ store_name }} Bestellbestätigung {{ order_id }}" (yap utf8 is also not working!)

As you can see the whole translation stuff works, its just not replacing the subject place holders. I think you can fix that just by changing some code.

store version: 2.0 latest
store:fileee
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @fileee,

The multi-language code is already Twig code - so the values within that array won't be processed again for any Twig tags when setting the custom subject. Instead, if you approach it like this - I believe it should work for you:
    'custom_subject': store_name ~ ' Bestellbestätigung ' ~ order_id
    In terms of the UTF-8 issue - I wasn't able to replicate that on my side with gmail, but I don't have a copy of Outlook to test with. Are you just seeing that with Outlook?
  • Mhm the code kind of worked, well order_id was converted, however store_name not. Although it is definitely set in the configuration. Well but it's okay for now.

Regarding utf8 it is indeed just a problem in outlook (2013&2016) in gmail it looks fine. thus It's not super critical.
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @fileee

Would you mind replacing store_name with config.store_name? The store name is tucked under config and not directly just in the FC json. That could be causing the store name not showing up correctly.
  • that seems to work, thx.