Setting a reply-to header field for the receipt email?

Is there any way to set a reply-to header on our store receipt emails? We sometimes get customers replying to their receipt email to request support, but our support email address is different from the receipt's from email address. The receipts come from orders@verdanttea.com (our store email address) but our support email is support@verdanttea.com. I would prefer that the receipt emails continue to come from orders@verdanttea.com but have a reply-to pointing to support@verdanttea.com.

I don't see a way to set this in the admin. Is it possible? I'm in the process of setting up our support email box with ZenDesk, and I want to make sure all our support inquiries are routed to the right place. Please let me know. Thanks for your help.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Geoffrey,

Good question. We currently don't support setting a custom reply-to email address that differs from the from address - both the from and reply-to use the from address specified for your store.

I'll ticket being able to specify a unique reply-to as a possible enhancement for the future. I can't make any promises there - but we'll definitely look into it!
    @Geoffrey,

Quick update for you - a teammate just pointed out that we have a related ticket to this on our roadmap already for some changes to email functionality - so we'll connect your request in with that as well.
  • OK. Thanks @fc_adam. I'll try to figure out a workaround in the meantime.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited March 2017
    @Geoffrey Pushed to production and documented:
    https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/emails#email_receipt_placeholders
    Let us know if you have any issues or questions :)
  • @brett @fc_adam,

I just attempted to implement setting a reply-to on the email receipt, per the documentation you provided here, but it doesn't seem to be working.
    These values can be set under the “email receipt” settings in the “receipt text email template”, at the top of the text area. You may need to select the “Custom Text Template” option to get this text box to appear.

email_replyto: Can be used to set the email's reply-to header.
    I attempted this following documentation example as follows:

{% set custom_replyto = 'support@example.com' %}
    {{ custom_replyto|fc_output_data('email_replyto') }}

I put this code at the very top of the "receipt text email template" field, above the first code block that is surrounded by ===== borders. When I updated the template and then tested on our production site with a subscription transaction, there was still no reply-to field included in the email receipt. We are using the "send text and HTML email" delivery type, which defaults to the HTML email. I don't know if this makes a difference, but the email receipt I got was the HTML version, and it did not have any reply-to set on it.

I also tried placing the above code inside the ===== border of the first code block and saving. I tested again with another subscription transaction, and there is still no reply-to set on the email receipt. Am I doing something wrong?

• fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @Geoffrey -

At this point, it looks to be something on our side, so we'll look into that and see what we can find.
  • Any update on this?
    @Geoffrey,

Sorry for the delay. I believe we've spotted why it's not working now, we'll work on creating a fix for it so it will work again. We'll follow-up as we make progress there.
  • @fc_adam,

any further status on this? I'm hoping to get this working ASAP. We have customers replying to their receipts, and I want to make sure those replies get directed to the right mailbox for support ticketing.
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @Geoffrey -

We've got a fix in to QA – shouldn't be long now. We'll be in touch as soon as we have it ready.
  • OK. Thank you. I've set up an alternative solution in the meantime.