The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Checkbox Variants Integrated with Webflow Form

jnnlsnjnnlsn Member
I'm wondering if there's a way to connect product variation add-ons to a webflow form with checkboxes. The problem is that webflow's custom attribute's don't allow you to use "value" or "name" since it's "a reserved name"
What I'm trying to do:

(product 1 - parent price (hidden))
(checkbox - addon 1 (adds to parent price))
(checkbox - addon 2 (adds to parent price))
(checkbox - addon 3 (adds to parent price))

I have this structure working as embedded html, but it would be easier for responsive purposes to have the inputs connected to my own checkboxes and form.

*This doesn't have to work with webflow's dynamic content - will just be on one page
*It would also be cool to have the total price update live (on page, not just cart) when a new addon is selected.. is this possible?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited April 2017
    @jnnlsn,

Good question! I'll ask @fc_josh to chime in here, he's the most familiar with Webflow on our team - he'll be in touch soon to let you know what could be possible there with the checkboxes.
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hi @jnnlsn.
    Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, like you mentioned already, Webflow doesn't allow users to set the value of a checkbox (or a default value for an input). Here is somewhat of a workaround that will work with Foxy as well: https://forum.webflow.com/t/custom-attribute-value/28560

You can easily do a responsive custom form (via html embed) by first deisgning your form with Webflow's form builder. Publish. Copy/paste raw html output. The key thing to making the custom form responsive is including Webflow's default classes (ex: w-input or w-select).

Let us know if you need further help with price modifications or anything else. I can put together demos for you. Also, I reached out to our good friends at Webflow about allowing custom values in forms. I had reached out last year about the same thing. Hopefully we'll see some progress there soon.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hey @jnnlsn
    As a follow up, I know it's not ideal, but you could use a select in place of the checkboxes (ex: Include learner's manual? (yes/no) and include price increase)

Thanks,
    Josh