I just noticed something very odd. It appears that our store datafeed stopped working correctly after 8:42pm EST yesterday (1/29/2018). I know the precise time because I have the datafeed set up to send me an email alert every time each unique product that is sold to keep a historical record of inventory levels. I noticed today that the mailbox I have set up for this was no longer receiving these emails, but transactions have been continuing to happen on our site.
When I went to look at our datafeed configuration in the foxycart admin panel, I was perplexed to see that the datafeed URL we have been using for years had somehow been replaced with a completely different datafeed URL that pointed to OrderDesk. I can positively confirm that no one other than myself could have changed the datafeed, and I can confirm that I definitely did not change it myself.
We use the FoxyShop wordpress plugin to manage our store, and have been utilizing a highly customized version of its built-in datafeed endpoint for years. We also use OrderDesk to manage our FoxyCart orders. I understand that both FoxyShop and OrderDesk are Sparkweb Interactive applications developed by David Hollander. The use of these applications with our Foxycart store has not previously presented any problems. In the past, OrderDesk had integrated with our store through a direct API connection, which operated outside the datafeed URL workflow. Based on what I know, and what I found in investigating this, it appears that OrderDesk may have somehow altered/replaced the datafeed URL that was configured in our Foxycart settings through its API connection. I am unaware of any direct actions taken by myself, or by my staff, within either OrderDesk or Foxycart, that would have made the datafeed URL change in our Foxycart admin settings. I do not know why this happened, but I would like to gain a better understanding of why it did and how to ensure that it never happens again in the future.
Since finding the URL was replaced, I have since rectified the problem by changing the URL back to what it should be and was before yesterday evening. I then manually re-fed each transaction we received since this happened to properly apply the inventory adjustments that are controlled by our datafeed. I will post the relevant datafeed links in a whisper so that you can investigate further.