The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Packing fees

How can I add a $2 packing fee to every order purchased?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @warcraftman68,

Thanks for reaching out. Would I be correct in saying that your store is currently using live shipping rates to calculate delivery charges for orders?

If so - you can add a packing fee on the category for your store as part of the "handling fee" settings on the category. I believe your store has multiple categories though, so that wouldn't work as it would add in the $2 per category present in the cart.

Instead, what you'll want to do is make use of our new custom shipping code functionality. It allows you to execute custom code after the normal live shipping rates have been returned, allowing you to alter them. To add a $2 fee onto all returned rates, you can follow these steps:

1) Login to your store's Foxy administration, and head to the "shipping" page
    2) At the bottom of the page, enable the "use custom code" option
    3) In the code editor that appears, paste this code:
    rates.price("+2");
    4) Save the shipping settings
    5) Wait 15-20 seconds while the custom shipping code initialises, and then refresh the shipping page to ensure it's successfully saved.

At this point - the shipping rates returned to customers will be increased by $2 as a packing fee. It will be rolled into the rate returned to them, rather than being itemised separately.

I hope that helps!
  • I will give that a try. it seems pretty simple. Thank you.