The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

How to setup a test cart?

I need to test some new cart and checkout features. How do I setup a test cart that I can use with the dev version of our website?
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hi @carvertech.
    Thank you for getting in touch. In the Foxy dashboard menu, under the Account column, click on Add Store. This will allow you to create as many dev stores as needed. Each store is independent. (screenshot: https://d.pr/i/RAbWt3)

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • Thanks for the quick reply. Does there happen to be any way to create the store so it copies in all the existing settings and cart templates? Or do we have to copy/paste and manually tick all the boxes?
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    No problem at all. Unfortunately, copying store settings is not possible as of yet, but it's something we're looking at implementing into our new dashboard. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Josh
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Quick clarification: We actually built out a snapshot tool to GET all of a store's settings in one go. Unfortunately, the PUT of a snapshot … definitely won't happen anytime soon. It's one of those things that sort of worked, but is just really complicated (at least for how our system is set up with the potential for multiple template sets and payment sets; especially when you consider the need for rolling back on errors and such). So though we'll likely allow the ability to do quick snapshots for backups and such, we likely won't have the ability to restore from a snapshot anytime soon.