The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Amazon pay button does not generate billing info like it's supposed to

RustyDustyRustyDusty Member
I am testing my shopping cart with an amazon pay test account and when I enter my amazon test email I am expected to fill out all the billing data.

Is that right? What's wrong here? I was under the impression that the amazon pay button did all the fill in work.

Whats wrong?
Comments
  • So I filled in the billing info and clicked the submit order button. It bounces me up to the amazon pay button which I clicked but nothing happened.
    It just tells me 1 piece of information missing. I reload the page, resubmit my amazon email, refill billing info, click the amazon pay button and get a big nothing burger. It just sits there looking at me saying...
    NOTHING!

Do please advise.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @RustyDusty. Can you put a screenshot of what it looks like? Does your checkout look roughly like the following video?
  • Wow that video was like magic! Can't wait for the pop up to work. Here goes:
    I click the link.

+++

I don't get the fancy electric slide to the right. Instead, I'm taken to my foxycart URL: "MYDOMAIN.com/foxycart.com

+++

Then I get the test gateway message. Fair enough. This site is not live.

+++

And then this battlefield right here. Simply glorious isn't it? Must be doing something right! *wink*

• fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @RustyDusty,

Thanks for the screenshots, that's very helpful.

I just tried out your checkout quickly, and clicking the Amazon Pay button is loading the modal window to login to Amazon Pay for me, although it is showing an error. Specifically it's noting that your store's Foxy domain isn't whitelisted to work with your account. You'll need to ensure you complete the set up steps shown on our wiki here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/amazon_pay

Try completing those steps, and see if it starts working as expected for you then. If not, let us know and we'd be happy to take another look.
  • RustyDustyRustyDusty Member
    edited April 8
    Thanks,
    When I first signed on to amazon I didn't have a foxyCart account so you are not listed as solution provider. I've contacted Amazon to get you listed as there is no interface in amazon seller account that will allow me to do this.

One more thing.

I have this same problem when I attempt to use you home site recurring demo: https://www.foxy.io/#

I add my test amazon account email, click the amazon pay button and then a red bar at top urging me to fill out billing info. No pop up. My browser pop-up blockers are disabled so it's not them.
    This amazon test account works with amazon express buttons.

Currently whitelisting...
  • The process is now improved. The shopping cart gathers test account data but the transaction won't go through because...
    Error: There was an error processing your payment: Access to OffAmazonPayments_Sandbox.SetBillingAgreementDetails is denied
    edited April 8
    ok I solved the above error statement by going into foxyCart admin and checking my Amazon Pay settings. I had entered them manually so didn't notice the "Connect to Amazon" button the instructions referrred to before.

Then above I noticed that the payment set was not set to my Subscription category. Once I changed that I had to recheck the Amazon Pay box and then I clicked the Connect to Amazon button and everything happened as expected.

Now I have ANOTHER problem.
    Error: There was an error processing your payment: AuthToken is not valid for SellerId and AWSAccountId.
    I double checked those.
    My Seller ID
    My Client ID
    In "TEST MWS Auth Token:" I take it I need to add the MWS Access Key ID?
    I did that.
    Same error.
    The MWS Secret Access Key?
    I did that too!
    What gives?
    What does it want from me?!
    edited April 8
    OOOOkaay!

Under "Manage your apps" I obtained the FoxyCart MWS token (just added at 11:54 AM EST). It starts with amzn.mws.XXXXX etc.

I entered this data and I am STILL getting this error message.
    Error: There was an error processing your payment: AuthToken is not valid for SellerId and AWSAccountId.
    I'm off to test this on a netbook in the other room.
    Hi @RustyDusty
    We'll take a look. As you've discovered, the Amazon Pay setup is a bit touchy, and it sounds like perhaps things got off on the wrong foot, and have continued to trip up.

While we take a look: Are you planning on accepting credit cards through a "normal" gateway (like Authorize.net, etc.)? If so, I'd suggest turning on the Authorize.net test account and running some tests that way. That'll give you a good foundation on which to build, as Amazon Pay's a bit trickier, so it'd be easier to start with a normal gateway, and then add Amazon Pay.
  • Amazon pay is my payment gateway. I turned off the Authorize.net because thought it contributed to the problem. Can turning on Authorize.net work even if I don't have an account with them?
  • I turned off Amazon Pay and activated Let customers pay with a Credit or Debit Card using Authorize.net default test account.

Now I get this error message:
    Error: This transaction exceeds our fraud risk settings and cannot be processed. Please contact us directly to process your order.
    Shall I turn Amazon pay back on in conjunction with Authorize.net?
    We generally recommend accepting payments via credit cards, PayPal, _and_ Amazon Pay. We have a partnership with Authorize.net that'll get you processing through them without any additional monthly fees or contacts. If you don't want to accept credit cards directly, you don't have to do this. But giving your customers the option of payment methods will generally get you more sales.

So, to your question: You do need an Auth.net account if you want to use it, but for testing you can use our default test account, without creating your own test account.

We'll get back to you on the Amazon Pay issue. I think the solution will be to set it all up from scratch, as I think the setup was messed up and that's causing problems, but I'm not sure about that yet.
  • @brett, Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know that about Authorize.net. Last time I looked (years ago) they wanted an arm and a leg per month. I will take them into consideration.

@fc_marija, That's a major revelation there about Default Payment Set vs Subscription Payment Set. Whoa! I'll get right on that.

Last night Amazon instructed me to go into my Logon interface and use the web settings Client ID Secret as my MWSAuthToken. Didn't work either. This is when I found out that I have two different client ID's, one in Logon and the other on my MWS Access Key page. I have always used the latter. This situation has definitely reached twilight zone levels man.

But I can't box today. I have other pressing issues. Be back Thursday, Friday at the least.

Cheers!