The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

skipping checkout-process?!

hey guys,
so i would like to use the foxy-ecommerce-backend-functionality (long word) but without a checkout/cart for my customers since i will ONLY use the paypal express button and when the customer clicks on it (on my homepage) he will be directed instantly to paypal - so no need for a checkout-process on my side.

is it with foxy possible to integrate a paypal express checkout button without the customer going through the checkout-process?!

cheers
danyal
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @danyalxy -

I want to run this scenario by some other folks here, and we'll be in touch.
  • hey @fc_marija
    what do you mean?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @danyalxy,

Thanks for your patience. It is possible for the customer to go straight to PayPal from the cart - but after completing their information in PayPal, they will be redirected back to your store's Foxy checkout for a final confirmation and calculate any extra costs, or capture any other information.

We don't currently support customers not going through the checkout during the payment flow. For those customers coming through PayPal, any information that comes from PayPal (like their address) will be prepopulated on the checkout, so they won't need to enter it again.